Hand Crafted Chocolate Enjoyed By Generations
The Hebert legacy began in 1917 when a young Frederick Hebert purchased a copper kettle, knife, table, thermometer, and a slab of marble for the meager sum of $11. Over the next three decades Mr. Hebert tirelessly handcrafted chocolates and caramels in his own kitchen, selling his creations through small neighborhood stores in central Massachusetts. As demand for the rich flavor and velvety smooth texture of Hebert's chocolates grew rapidly throughout the region, Hebert looked to expand.
In 1946, Hebert purchased a Tudor Style mansion on Route 20 in Shrewsbury. The building, affectionately known as the Candy Mansion, became the first roadside retail confectionary operation in the United States and is still home to all Hebert operations today.