Get access to exclusive offers and Hebert events!
Delicious Chocolate Eggnog Recipe
Looking for some of the best flavors of the season? We've got you covered with a delicious eggnog recipe that is sure to impress. Check out the recipe below -
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 9 oz (About 5 Bars) Hebert 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate (Use 70% Cacao bars for a richer flavor, grate for easier melting)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whisk together the egg yolks, and sugar until pale and thick. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the milk, cream, chocolate, vanilla, and spices. Stir often until the chocolate has melted, and everything is combined.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the egg mixture, whisking contantly. Pour the mixture back into the pan and heat gently over low-medium, stirring, until smooth and thick enough to coat a spoon. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat, pour into a mixing bowl (or another container), cover and refrigerate overnight, or for up to 3 days. For a perfectly smooth eggnog, pour through a sieve before chilling.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
Make it a hard eggnog with 3/4 cup Rum or Brandy, add at step 4 and mix before putting the bowl in the fridge. This recipe can easily be halved if you need less servings.