With the holidays on their way, there's no better time for a perfect chocolate mousse pie for the family meal. This recipe works perfect with classic Hebert chocolate, but any chocolate can be used. Try making your own!
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
2 Tbsp (28g) salted butter, diced into 4 pieces
1 cup (6 oz) 53% Cacao Hebert Chocolate (about 3 bars)*
1/2 cup (3 oz) 70% Cacao Hebert Chocolate (or another 1/2 cup semi-sweet if you don't want it quite as rich)
2 cups (104g) mini marshmallows
1/3 cup (80ml) milk (whole or 2%)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups (415ml) heavy whipping cream
1 (6 oz) Graham Cracker or Chocolate Cookie pie crust
1 cup (235ml) heavy cream
2 Tbsp (25g) granulated sugar
Chocolate shavings, for garnish (use a vegetable peeler on chocolate to shave)
How to Make Chocolate Mousse Pie
- Break apart Hebert Chocolate bars into smaller chunks for easier melting
- Add butter, milk, 53% and 70% cacao chocolate chunks, and marshmallows to a large saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate and marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla pour into a large mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Whip 1 3/4 cups heavy cream until very stiff peaks form. Fold into cool chocolate mixture.
- Pour chocolate mixture into graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust and spread into an even layer. Chill 3 hours.
- For the topping, whip remaining 1 cup cream with 2 Tbsp sugar in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie, garnish with chocolate (of course) then cut into slices.
Love how it came out? Let us know on social media! Post a picture of your delicious dish and put #hebertholiday in the description.
Leave a comment